Thick cut Pork Chops seared to perfection, served on salad greens, topped with brie cheese, and drizzled with our Signature Coffee Pecan Vinaigrette™
2 lbs. Bone-In Pork Chop
¼ cup Canola Oil
1 Tbsp. Smokii Joe Dry Rub™
4 oz. Brie Cheese (cut into ¼ slices)
4 oz. Watercress
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
3 oz. Shallots (about 3), coarsely chopped
¼ Cup molasses
½ Cup light brown sugar
½ Brewed Coffee
2 Tbsp. Salted Butter
Cut brie into slices. Chop shallots.
1. Season Pork Chops with Smokii Joe Dry Rub™. Preheat large saute´ pan on medium high, place oil in pan, then add pork, sear 3-4 minutes on each side. Turn frequently, to prevent rub from charring.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover; cook 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, or until pork is 154°F. Take temperature away from the bone in the thickest part of the meat. Remove from heat. Place sliced cheese on pork and cover for about 3-4 minutes to melt.
3. In a small saucepan, combine shallots, pecans, brown sugar, molasses and brewed coffee. Bring to boil on medium high.
4. Turn heat to low, and allow 5-7 minutes for sauce to thicken. Take the pan off the heat, and add butter, whisking until it turns silky.
5. Place watercress on a platter; top with seared pork, generously pour the sauce over the meat and serve. *Serve whole or cubed as a salad.